Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Outfit March 2 2009

So this is what I put together for yesterday. (And a bonus shot of my other blogging buddy, Dimitri. We matched yesterday!) Not bad for a Monday, for me. It is a purple tie-neck top from Target, on clearance for about $6.50. Target.com styled it with a big bow tied in the middle, but that didn't work for me, so I just pretend it's a scarf. I love the color of this shirt, but unfortunately, the fabric is really cheap and I will probably only be able to wear it to work 2-3 more times before it is too ragged-y looking. It is too short to wear with pants, anyway. (For an in-depth analysis of ideal shirt lengths, see Sally @ Already Pretty!)
The gray skirt is one of my finds from Savers- $2.50. The brand is Alia, and I actually bought an identical one in navy from Savers that same day- weird. When I Google the brand name, I get a lot of matronly elastic-waist Bermuda shorts, but I assure you, the skirts are basic, but very nice. The tights are gray, maybe from Walmart? And I'm wearing my black sequin Oh Deer! flats (again) because my ankle still hurts. Sigh. Continuing with my tradition of being unable to photograph jewelry, here is close up of the sapphire tennis bracelet I was wearing:


This was a gift from my grandma when I graduated from college. I don't wear it nearly enough-- the last time was probably when I got married 4.5 years ago!
This whole outfit thing has been tricker than I thought. I really admire the people who do something different every day, because that really takes effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment