Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Welcome to the Jungle... Or Maybe the Savannah?

As promised, here is the photo of my Walmart loot, as well as my first outfit post. And yes, I do leave the house with my hair looking like that, thanks for asking. My husband was kind enough to snap this photo, which unfortunately cuts off at the knees. I'll have to be more specific next time.

The sunglasses are from Walmart-- I like them because they are not big bug eye ones. The tote bag is also from Walmart, and I think it is adorable. Right now I carry around a dirty bag with the name of my apartment complex on it, so this could even be considered an upgrade. (Sad but true.) On the other hand, the other tote is perfectly serviceable and I have at least 2 others around the house that I could use, so this really isn't a necessary purchase, and therefore not green at all.

I'm wearing a BB (before blog) tank from Target, a BB sweater from Old Navy, a crazy zebra-print dress from Marshalls, black tights, black sequin Oh Deer! ballet flats, and my new lion clip from Arc. It's not a pin, so I sort of clamped it at my neckline. I think it helps break up the black and white. The dress on it's own is too bare to wear to work, but with the sweater, it looks like a zebra pencil skirt.

This out fit sort of pushed the edge of my comfort zone. I was self-conscious all day about it, but I felt like I looked good. I need to stop worrying what other people think about my clothes! As long as I don't get fired, who cares? Repeat 50 times.
This is Daria, my blogging buddy. (Did I not warn you there would be cat pictures?) She approves of all animal prints, but prefers classic black for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment