Monday, March 9, 2009

Tuesday Shoes*

To be filed under I-can't-believe-I'm-posting-this... These are the pair of shoes I wear the most often. They are a pair of boy's faux suede Mossimo sneakers I bought at Target about 2 years ago. They are utterly disgusting-- dirty, fraying, battered. And maybe- though I have not verified this- maybe a little smelly. Currently, I wear them on weekends and as my "commuter shoes." (Not that I walk anywhere, but I don't like to wear my nice shoes outside, even for the eight steps from car to building.) It is probably time for these to go, but they are still so comfy! I actually bought a second pair of them later on clearance, but ended up returning them. Gah! I should have kept them, because now the boys' department is full of shoes with skulls and skateboarders on them. (I almost bought the skull ones. I'm not even kidding.)

Now you are thinking, what are you doing buying boys' shoes? Well, I wear a size seven in womens, so I can still fit into youth size 5 or even 4.5 shoes. And they are cheaper, sometimes by a lot. Also, I don't really like white tennis shoes, which predominate in the women's section. What I like are big old wide skater boy shoes. If you like flats and have small feet, you can find some pretty cute shoes in the girls' department too. But. This time I struck out in little people shoes, so I bought these Vans (from the adult women's section!) to replace the veteran sneakers:
But the soles are falling off already! I'm sooo disappointed. The one time I buy a brand name shoe, and it can't even survive being worn around my office. I doctored them up with superglue, so we shall see, but I may be back at Target buying the Converse One Star shoes. From the kids' section, of course.

*This post inspired by Sally at Almost Pretty's Sunday Shoe post. Everyone should post their shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment