Thursday, March 5, 2009

Outfit March 4, 2009

I really need to work on my modeling face-- I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. Anyway, it isn't too bad for a hastily-taken, poorly-lit shot snapped 2 seconds before I had to leave for work. This is a gray ombre sweater dress from Target. It's sort of like walking around wrapped in a blanket and isn't very form-fitting. Good for all-you-can-eat buffets and the early stages of pregnancy, I imagine. I wore it with extremely annoying (see below) navy tights from Walmart and my new blue striped heels from Charlotte Russe. I will probably feature these shoes in a later post, because they are cute, and there is a mildly amusing story associated with their purchase. I also have a little sapphire necklace on, but you can't really see it. It matches my bracelet.

Here is a list of complaints about these tights:

1. Going by their size chart, I thought I was buying a size UP from what I technically could cram myself into. These tights are supposed to fit someone up to 40 pounds heavier or 5 inches taller than me. No. Flippin'. Way. My husband was laughing watching me try to wriggle and dance my way into these suckers.

2. Not opaque! Tights that aren't opaque look kind of trashy, I think. And I need the opaque tights to blend in the fact that this dress is shorter than I would normally wear to work.

3. I had a snag in them by noon, and I haven't had a run in my tights in years. I later spent about a half hour turning it into a full on run, just to see if I could pull off a sort of punk look. Nope.

4. The seam on the front-belly part was all lumpy and no matter how high up I pulled the tights (pretty darn high) it wouldn't flatten out. As a result, the fabric of the dress would cling to it. Ugh!

The odd thing is, I have another pair of George tights from Walmart in gray and they are awesome. For the record, I also had issues with Worthington tights from Penney's. So far, I like Vera Wang from Kohls the best. I hear good things about Merona tights from Target, but they didn't have navy the last time I looked. I bought some on clearance at Old Navy today, so I will see how they hold up. I know I should "invest" in some from Hue or Wolford, but I just can't make myself pay more than 10 bucks for something I'm probably going to shred.

No comments:

Post a Comment