Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday Shoes

Today I'm posting my bright pink Chinese Laundry "Alanie" pumps. I call them my mermaid shoes because of the scale pattern and the shape of the upper. As you can see from the pictures, I doctored them up with various inserts to make them walkable, but they are still really awesome. (I find I have a hard time getting a good fit with D'Orsay style pumps. Anyone else?)

I already mentioned that sometimes amazon.com has good prices on shoes-- that is where I got these. The site was running a special where you got $25 off an order of $125 or more, so I bought these and 4 other pairs for about $110.00, after the discount. (And free shipping! So you can see that basically Amazon forced me to buy them.) I had them delivered to work because I didn't want my husband to freak out about five pairs of shoes arriving at once. Unfortunately, they arrived in a ginormous refrigerator-type carton which caused no end of comments at the office. As in:
Lori: "What's in the box?"
Me: "I ordered some shoes."
Lori: "Why did they ship them in such a big box?!"
Me: "Um. Well. I ordered five pairs of shoes."
Lori: [gives a look that clearly says "You are a nut."]

Anyhoo. Here's the shot from above, including my blogging buddy Daria.

Daria is disappointed that they aren't edible, despite their fishy appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment