Thursday, March 19, 2009

Outfit March 12, 2009

Yep, only a week late with this one... blame the death of my blogging machine. I was pretty proud of this outfit, because I finally used another of my thrift store finds. I bought this skirt at Savers for about 7.00. It's made by Elevenses, which leads me to believe it was originally from Anthropologie, and therefore expensive. I bought it because it fits well and it's kind of fun to wear-- it swishes around and makes me feel a little like June Cleaver. (And who knew that that would be a pleasant feeling?)

The downside is that it's sort of a tan color with a little hint of pink, plus it has that plaid-ish pattern, so it is hard for me to figure out what to wear with it. I went with my black Old Navy sweater because it's easy, but I think maybe a really bright fuschia or maybe dark purple would work too. It would probably also take a little more courage. If you haven't noticed by now, I fall pretty heavily on the matchy-matchy side of the spectrum, so I have a hard time putting color with color. I'm wearing the Charlotte Russe satin ruffle heels and no jewelry because I ran out of time. As you can see, I hadn't even gotten to the hair and makeup stage of the morning when I took this photo. I probably need to spend less time staring into my closet and more time actually getting dressed and getting moving.

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful skirt, and I love the color, although I can see how it's hard to pair with things! It looks nice with the black!

    ReplyDelete