Monday, February 16, 2009

My President's Day finds...

I took the day off from work today, in part because I knew that Savers was having a half-off sale on EVERYTHING. (And in part because I really, really needed a day off.) Anyway, I got there bright and early today, and got a whole bag of stuff for $32.00. Then I went to Arcs and got another big ol' bag of stuff. This is the picture of my shopping trip. You also get to see my boring beige bedroom and part of Shoe Mountain. (And no, those are not real Louboutins on the top there. They are total knockoffs, but still awesome.) Here are some pictures of what I bought, and probably the formatting will be really wacky. Sorry in advance!









So, this is one pair of Gap boot cut jeans (6.50) one gray pencil skirt (2.50), one navy pencil skirt (2.50), one travel iron (2.00), a pin (1.50), a necklace (1.50), and a houndstooth wrap skirt with the original price tag attached (7.50). I'm especially proud of the last one because.... It was originally 89.99! I even tried to take a picture of the price tag, but I couldn't get it to come out clearly. You will just have to take my word for it. I also got this brooch and this necklace, which I probably should have taken out of the plastic bags before photographing. Hmm. Note to self for next time.The pin is gold with a big "amber" oval, and the necklace is gold with fake pearls. (They aren't "faux," they are plain ol' FAKE.)

Lastly, I got these three tops- a gray wool vintage-y shrunken cardigan, a raspberry button up secretary/grandma blouse (I loathe the word blouse, but there is no getting around it, that is what this thing is.) and my personal favorite, the black sweater with the strawberries embroidered on it! So cute. I know these pics aren't that good, but hopefully, I will be wearing these at some point, and I'll try to get better detail.

Those were all from Savers. I then went to Arcs in Richfield, which was a zoo full of screaming monster children from hell. I almost offered one guy five bucks to get his brat the hell out of there. Ah, well. I thought they were having a half-off sale too, but it turns out it was on Saturday. Bummer. Pink tags were half off, but the only pink tag item I bought was a .99 bangle, so the savings weren't really spectacular. But I still got another pair of Gap jeans (6.00), an Ann Taylor camel-color cardigan (6.00), an vintage-look skirt that I think is from Anthropologie (6.00), a bangle (.50!), a skeleton key pin (1.69), a leaf pin (.99) and a lion clip (.99). I like the skirt, but the color is sort of weird, so I have to see if I can make it work. If not, I may have to eBay it. Here is a better shot of the pins and bangle:





All in all, a pretty good day. Now, I just need to get all this stuff washed and put it together...

No comments:

Post a Comment