Thursday, March 19, 2009

Something You Should Know


Sometimes I get cravings for weird stuff. Lately, Pop Tarts have been one of those items. Until about 2 months ago, I hadn't eaten a Pop Tart since that fateful day in 2000 when I finally took a gander at the "nutritional" information. (Not required reading. If you luuuuuuv Pop Tarts, I would seriously scribble over it with a Sharpie because you just don't want to know.) Anyway. I wanted Pop Tarts, but I felt guilty about how they are little rectangles of high fructose corn syrup. Then I saw Whole Grain Pop Tarts! "That means they are good for you." I explained to my husband, who is ever-skeptical. But.

Whole grain Pop Tarts are disgusting. I mean, above and beyond the delightful disgusting-ness of ordinary Pop Tarts. They are dry and crumbly and not worth it. Go real or go home, people. Buy original Pop Tarts and drink some Metamucil if you have to. This has been a public service announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment