Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Minor Setback and a Minor Victory


The setback: my outfit today was very boring. I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I didn't want to have to take off tights so the doctor could look at my ankle. Yes, I am that lazy. I didn't bother showing my lower half because I really don't think the ill-fitting, charcoal-gray trousers and black Vans added anything to the outfit. The purple v neck tee shirt is from H & M (12.99) and the multi-strand "topaz" necklace was a gift from my MIL. I am proud that I at least put on the necklace! I'm trying to accessorize more. I even put up a cork board in my bedroom so I can SEE all the necklaces I have, and thus be inspired to actually WEAR them.
The minor victory is that I figured out how to use the timer on my camera! Now I just need to figure out where to set it so I can get a head-to-toe shot. It really wasn't that difficult to figure out, but I couldn't find the manual, so I just had to play around with it.
Also, I got a much needed haircut this afternoon-- i.e., the reason my hair is actually styled in these photos. I am ambivalent about it. I think she cut off too much and over-texturized it. My regular stylist wasn't available for over a month, so I just went to some random girl. I've been trying to grow my hair out for two years, at least, and it just isn't working. My hair grows at a glacial pace, and every time I make progress, someone butchers it and I have to start all over. Oy, the drama. Anyhoo, we will see how this shakes out once it has been washed and air-dried-- the true test!

No comments:

Post a Comment