Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Walmart confession

So today I went to Walmart, which, politically and environmentally, is pretty much the anti-thrift. But! I needed red thread and those heel liner things that go in the back of shoes so your feet don't slip out. You know. And then I found some decent, not ginormous, sunglasses for $10.00, and a tote bag for $3.00, and a blazer for $20.00. And the next thing you know... fifty-odd dollars spent on crap. To be fair, the same thing happens to me at Target. I am probably keeping the blazer, because it is half the cost of the one I bought at H & M two weeks ago, and I haven't worn that one, so I can return it. I am returning the black sweater I bought because it ALREADY looks cheap and horrible, so God only knows how it will look after a couple of washings. I will try to get my husband to take my picture with my tote bag tomorrow, because I can't find an image of it, and I think I have to keep it because it's cute/cool/funny. (To me.)

*Walmart phot courtesy of Craig Chen via Flickr. This is the exact Walmart I was at! Behold, the power of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment