Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday Shoes- How Sweet It Is!

Here is the (boring) saga, Dear Reader: I saw these Chinese Laundry "Just Because" suede pumps at DSW at MOA about two weeks ago, but they didn't have my size in taupe. And yea, I was bummed because I really liked them, plus I had a gift card AND a thirty percent off coupon, so they would be, like, almost free. I went home and checked dsw.com, but they were sold out in my size in taupe, and I didn't want the black because the "baroque" embroidery doesn't pop as much. I'm not gonna lie, there was much wringing of the hands and general moping over this situation.

So a week after the original sighting, I was still thinking about them, so I tried the DSW in Burnsville. They didn't have ANY in taupe, only the wretched black ones!* Grr. However, there was one last DSW in my acceptable shopping range. I drove to St. Louis Park on Saturday morning, vowing that this would be my last effort. If they didn't have them, then I would give up and start obsessing about these sort of western/sort of preppy boots that I also like. But lo! The St. Louis Park DSW had the Chinese Laundry Just Because embroidered heels, in taupe, in my size. (Which actually turned out to be a half size down.) Hurrah! Victory! I purchased them immediately, along with a pair of leopard print flats that my husband (Amish Ryan) will loathe. Double victory!!

And THEN, when I wore these yesterday, they turned out to be (relatively) comfortable. Dare I say, triple victory!!!

But I still kinda want those boots...

*The black ones are actually pretty cute, too. Just not as cute as the taupe.
Image courtesy of dsw.com, where these are available for 59.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment