Friday, October 30, 2009

Outfit 10/29/2009

Now I see why all the fashion bloggers put their hand on their hip like that- look how shapely my arm looks! Must stand like that all the time. Anyway, I wore this to work on Thursday, and now that I look at the picture, it may have been pushing the envelope a little. The shirt is a little low and of course, the shoes are sparkly. I did have my hair pulled back in a low ponytail, so maybe that helped make it a little more professional. Oh well, no one said anything, and it's actually pretty flattering. I bought the top specifically to wear with these silly shoes, and in real life, it actually matches better. The shoes change color in different lights, and here they look more green.


Oh, and I got a couple of compliments on my hair today, which was funny, considering that it was dirty. I'm trying not to wash it everyday, but if I don't, I have to do something to it so it isn't gross-looking. So I sprayed it with dry shampoo and hot-rollered it. I'm glad it was humid today, because my hair was HUGE when I took the rollers out. (I can't go more than one day without shampooing. Isn't it weird that all the magazines are suddenly advocating going three plus days without washing our hair? I'm wondering if the whole island of Manhattan smells like dirty scalp. Just throwing it out there.)


Teal cowl neck top: Target, Sept. 2009
Gray Skirt: Isaac Mizrahi for Target, 2008
Gray tights: Can't remember, and wish I could because I love them
Iridescent peacock shoes: Spring, Sept. 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment