Monday, November 2, 2009

Tights

I've been having trouble finding tights that I like. (I suspect this is mainly because I am cheap.) I recently bought some Xhilaration ones from Target, and I hate them because some idiot made the crotch seam in the front really thick, so it makes a ridge on the pootchy part of my belly that you can see through my dresses! It's worse than VPL. Who designs something like that?! I decided to give Target another chance, and bought the Merona ones ($5.00, on sale last week) and they are a little better. I always buy the tights a size larger than I would theoretically fit, because I like them to be opaque. In this case, it means that the waistband of the tights comes pretty much to the bottom of my bra, but at least the tights aren't see through! The other thing I don't like is that these are kind of shiny-- it may be the horrible florescent lighting from my office, but they have a sort of golden shimmer. ???
My hunt for perfect black, opaque, matte tights continues. And really, would it be so hard to make the toes opaque, too? Now that we all decided that it's okay to wear tights with open toe shoes?

image from target.com

No comments:

Post a Comment