Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Outfit, February 24, 2010- Browned Down

Outfit 02242010
No natural fibers were harmed in the making of this skirt.

Mens Button Down Shirt- Thrifted, $1
Sad Brown Skirt- Thrifted, probably $1 (I'll buy anything for $1)
Big Brown Belt- Charlotte Russe, $8
Tights- DSW
Brown Boots- Mossimo for Target, $30? (I paid full price. Gasp.)

I had mixed feelings about this ensemble. It's really cold here (it was 6 degrees when I left home) so I had to wear the tights. In order to keep the skirt from climbing up my thighs, I had to wear a slip. The shirt is really long, so I had it tucked in past my butt, over the tights and under the slip. Basically, I felt lumpy all day. I don't know how people layer as much as they do-- it drives me mad.

The skirt really doesn't help. It's made out of that fabric that they make grandpa pants out of, and it's made for someone more hour-glassy than me. In this case, I'm hoping that the extra flare to the hip made my waist look smaller? Right? I've been thinking about learning to sew, and I think this skirt would make a good starter project. It isn't lined, for one thing, and for another, I really don't care if it gets destroyed. Stay tuned- I might just do it.
Brown Mossimo for Target Boots

I bought these boots at Target four years ago, and I still really like them, even though they aren't real leather. They have a really cool Victorian shape to the heel. They also have the narrowest shaft I've come across on a boot! My calves are a pretty ordinary size, and I can barely zip these to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment