Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Outfit 3/2/2010- In the Navy, Part II

Outfit 03022010 After much searching (okay, not really) I finally found some navy tights that don't clash with this skirt. Navy has to be one of the most difficult colors in the world. There are so many interpretations of it. For example, I bought some "navy" tights from welovecolors.com, and they were really much brighter than I would consider navy. These are from Walmart, and for $5, are pretty good. What else to say about this outfit? It's pretty boring, though I do like the lavender and navy combo. Unfortunately, the button-up is a little snug, and in my hurry to beat the timer on my camera, I neglected to tug it back into place. I really did iron it before I wore it to work.

The best part is the shoes!
CK navy pumps
I just bought these navy platform peep-toes a month or so ago. It's hard to find navy shoes that aren't really dowdy. These are a dark navy with a kind of sparkly, snake-print pattern. They are Calvin Klein (not crazy-expensive Calvin Klein, more like the Calvin Klein that made the tee shirts and jeans I coveted as a middle schooler.) Anyway, I luuuurve them. Such a nice shape!
Silver Locket (unseen) Gift from husband
Lavender button-down: Express, $20? (clearance, for sure)
Navy skirt: thrifted, brand is Alia, $4
Navy tights: Walmart, brand is George, $5
Navy shoes: Calvin Klein via endless.com $98 (Unless my mom asks, then they were $50.)

No comments:

Post a Comment