Friday, February 19, 2010

Outfit, February 18, 2010

Outfit 02182010 e This picture is distressingly dark, but I guess since the outfit is all black, it doesn't really matter. I wanted to wear this new black and white striped top I found last Sunday, but I couldn't find anything to pair it with. Finally, after the third incarnation bit the dust, I put this black dress over the top, jumper-style. I've been hesitant to do this, mostly because I've hated jumpers for years. This hatred probably stems from the fact that my mom thought they were adorable, and liked to buy them for me when I was a youngster. In my mind, they seem really childish. However, a couple of the blogs that I follow have "rocked" (sorry) the jumper to great effect. Also, if grown women are wandering around in rompers, I guess I can jumper away. I grabbed these black Nicole Miller pumps to wear with it, and realized when I got to work that they have white top stitching, which I think works really well with the stripes of the top. To keep the whole thing from looking too first day of kindergarten, I wore a big silver chain necklace. I got two compliments on my "dress" and zero comments on my jumper. Score one for me.
Nicole Miller shoes e
I love the shape of these. They have a huge chunky heel, but no platform.
Black & White Stripe top- thrifted, $1 (originally The Limited)
Black Dress- thrifted $1 (vintage!)
Silver necklace- Deb $4?
Black tights- George (Walmart) $5
Black Nicole Miller Pumps- DSW, $28 (Clearance!)
Nicole Miller shoes top view e
Here's the top view.

No comments:

Post a Comment