Friday, April 3, 2009

Outfit- March 25, 2009


Oh man, some of my self-portraits are really great for keeping my ego in check. Oy. Anyway. On my work monitor, this outfit looks like one black blob, but it is actually a really cute navy blue empire-style dress by Converse One Star (for Target). It has black trim around the neckline and around the empire waist. I got it on clearance for 9.99 or something, and I'm pretty impressed with the quality. It's lined and everything, and actually really comfortable. I wore a cropped black cardigan, black tights, and red patent Isaac Mizrahi for Target mary janes ($7.50!!!). To appease my matchy-matchy self, I wore a shiny red necklace to tie it together.

This outfit actually marks the first time I broke the "no black with navy" rule I've been following blindly since prom shopping in 1998. My friend's dress was navy and we spent two hours scouring the mall for matching shoes because her cousin Mary said she couldn't wear black ones. Do you have rules about black and navy? In this case, the dress pre-broke the rule, so I just went with it. I mean, if Converse can put black with navy, then who am I to say no?

No comments:

Post a Comment